Looking for the ultimate list of things you can do together as a family??
Put those cell phones away and enjoy growing closer to each other and making memories for years to come. 🙂
Here are 75 fun family night ideas you can use to start spending more quality time together!
75 Fun Weekly Family Night Ideas To Connect More
*This post contains affiliate & referral links, meaning I may earn a small commission should you choose to purchase through post links. This is of course at no extra cost to you and helps keep the blog up and running!
Recently, we have been trying to incorporate more family nights together each week.
Having that time to connect spiritually together with a great family devotion is super important, but so is playing and having fun together.
Before we know it, weeks go by and all of the sudden we realize our families haven’t really got to sit (phone/screen-free) and connect together. That’s why I wanted to offer this giant list of ideas!!
The great thing about these ideas is pretty much all of them are budget-friendly, mostly screen-free, and can be done at home or near home.
You don’t have to spend a fortune to have a “successful” family date night. All you need is each other, and some ideas to get started!
Why You Need A Weekly Family Fun Night
Why are family nights so important? Here are a few biblical reasons why I think you should consider having a dedicated family night each week in your home!
1. God wants us to grow closer together
There’s an old saying I heard once that says, “If you aren’t growing closer together, then you aren’t growing at all.”
I think it was talking about marriage mostly, but it applies to families as well! There is always room to grow individually, and closer to one another. This is His will!
God also uses other people to help hold us accountable and “sharpen one another.”
By becoming closer to one another, we can make sure we are keeping sin out of our lives by being open and transparent with our family.
2. Remain unified as a family
We all know that the devil comes to steal, kill and destroy (John 10:10)… and he starts within the family!
If he can’t keep you from knowing God, he will try to do everything he can to distract you, including causing disunity in your family.
Planning and creating that space to connect together not only strengthens your family bond, but there is such power when you pray over your family!!
Here are some great Bible verses and prayers on family unity you can read to help you remain unified, and keep it!!
3. Build memories
When you look back at your time when you were younger, do you remember the gifts and things you received, or memories of your family?
I remember vacations we took, games we played together and spending time together.
This is what we want to build for our kids! Show them what a loving, godly home looks like – one filled with joy, laughter, and closeness.
Yes, there is a time for tears, heartache, and similar things… but you are the one who is in control of making FUN memories that your kids will remember when they grow up.
One Thing To Remember When Planning A Weekly Family Night
Don’t feel like you have to do all these activities ALL. AT. ONCE. Just be consistent in your family night each week, and slowly start working through the list.
You may find something you all absolutely fall in love with and decide to do it again and again… that’s fine! The goal is to start spending more quality time with one another, whatever that looks like for your family.
For example, we really love #’s 1, 2, and 24. 🙂
This list is merely a guide to help you get there!
Don’t worry, there is no need to get overwhelmed – it’s not as hard as you think. Take a look at some of these ideas and you will see how easy it can be to start incorporating a weekly family night into your routine.
75 Family Fun Night Ideas
I hope you find some great ideas from this list and enjoy connecting as a family!
- Play a Bible board game
- Complete a puzzle
- Read scriptures on thankfulness
- Have family Bible time
- Take turns reading a Bible story out loud
- Play cards
- Play charades
- Do a holiday craft together
- Do a fun Bible craft
- Bake a cake
- Research a country and cook a traditional dish from the place
- Have a dance party
- Have a praise and worship session
- Set up an ice cream bar with fun toppings
- Have a pillow fight
- Play freeze tag
- Movie night in a fort
- Play hide and seek
- Pick a story from the Bible to act out
- Enjoy family Bible time
- Throw a high tea party
- Write out your favorite Bible verses on cards
- Draw outside with chalk
- Make breakfast for dinner (one of our favorites!)
- Make sock puppets and put on a show
- Take a nature walk
- Work on a jigsaw puzzle together
- Interview each other
- Do an act of gratitude for someone else
- Have a family photoshoot
- Have a backyard picnic
- Write a story together
- Look at old photo albums
- Tell stories by flashlight
- Have an indoor picnic
- Family movie night (here are some awesome Christian movies for families!)
- Make your own pizzas at home
- Backyard camping
- Stargazing – use this to tie in how big God really is!
- Scavenger hunt (we love this family scavenger hunt here!)
- Make a funny video together
- Watch home movies
- Make a family time capsule
- Host a family talent show
- Have a family art night with paint and supplies
- Dress up for dinner
- Build magnatiles/legos together
- Play BINGO together
- Create a family vision board
- Play card games
- Go on a family walk (yes, the pets too!)
- Read a family devotion together
- Play a sport together
- Read a book together
- Kids choice night – dinner, game, movie, etc.
- Go to the local library and rent books for each other
- Sleepover in the living room
- Volunteer together as a family
- Bake cookies or a treat together
- Try a new meal together for the first time
- Listen to scripture music together
- Make a family bucket list
- Family connection questions
- Do fireworks or sparklers if allowed in your neighborhood
- Play hacky sack
- Go on a $10 shopping spree at Walmart/Dollar Tree
- Go to a local orchard and pick apples/pumpkins/strawberries
- Plan a dream family vacation
- Build a backyard garden
- Feed the ducks at the park
- Play at the park/have a picnic
- Camp in the backyard
- Learn a new game together
- Cook a meal together
- Memorize a Bible verse together
Download your free printable 75 Family Night activity list HERE or below! No signup required. 🙂
Do you want access to MORE awesome, biblical, FREE printables like this one? Get exclusive access to my free printables resource library here!!!
75 Fun Weekly Family Night Ideas
My prayer is that you and your kids start enjoying more time together and that this list helps you get started!
Put the phones away, start building those precious memories, and grow more in godliness and unified together as a family. 🙂
What is your favorite idea from the list? Let me know in the comments below!