Are you wanting to help your toddler start learning Bible verses? Maybe you are worried they may be too young or you don’t know where to start…
This guide will give you everything you need to help your toddlers start memorizing scripture!
Check out these 30 short & easy (yet still important!!) Bible verses for toddlers to memorize!
Easy Bible Verses Your Toddler Can Memorize!
*This post contains affiliate & referral links, meaning I may earn a small commission should you choose to purchase through post links. This is of course at no extra cost to you and helps keep the blog up and running!
“Guess what I learned today Mommy! He is not here, for he has risen. Matthew 28 and 6!”
I looked at my sweet 4-year-old and saw the joy on her face as she recited that verse to me in the week leading up to Easter. And it lit a fire in me to continue teaching her scriptures even at her young age!
Sometimes, we think that our kids are too young to start memorizing scripture or honestly don’t think about it until they are older and can have actual conversations with us.
But your child doesn’t have to be able to talk to start learning the Bible! They take in so much even from infancy. You are setting them up for future success so when they DO start talking…
The Bible is what comes out!
You can begin teaching your toddlers Bible verses as early as you can. Think about how many times they randomly start singing the “hot dog song” or a Daniel tiger song… I know you know what I’m talking about. 😉
But where do you start?
That’s where I want to step in and help give you a guide to finding short Bible verses to memorize with your toddlers, as well as 30 different verses you can start with today!
You can start teaching your toddler Bible memory verses during your family Bible time!
I’ve even got a free guide for you that includes 3 done for your stories with scripture, questions, key points, and a simple prayer to pray!
Types of Bible Memory Verses To Look For:
There are really three small things to keep in mind when picking out Bible verses for your toddler to memorize…
Verses that are short, impactful, and easy to explain.
Why do we look for these three things?
1. Short Bible Verses To Memorize
One, we want to find shorter verses for obvious reasons… they are easier to memorize! You can even use do this for YOU, to help memorize verses if this is newer to you too.
2. Bible Verses That Are Impactful
You also want verses that are impactful… everything in the Bible is God-breathed and God’s Holy Word.
There are lots of short Bible verses (which I have listed in a bit!!) that are about salvation, characteristics of Jesus, how to treat others, how God sees us, etc.
Remember, we are building a basic biblical foundation for your kids here, so they can continue to grow more fully in Christ as they get older!
For 2 year olds, there are some verses that MAY be shorter but have no concept or meaning to them quite yet. And they may be WAY too difficult to understand/explain, which leads to the third type of verse you want to look for…
3. Easy To Explain Bible Verses
Look for Bible memory verses that are easier to explain. Toddlers are developing conceptual thinking, so try and find verses that can be explained easier.
For example, “Pharaoh’s heart was hardened.” Exo 7:13. This is a short verse, great right??
That is a GOOD verse, (my husband and I have lots of conversation around that verse actually) and one to dissect when your kids are older.
But for now, we are building a biblical foundation here for your kids to learn about God and memorize scripture.
You always want to explain each verse to your toddler as best as you can, to help them understand what they are memorizing and why we should hide it in our hearts.
What does the verse teach about God? What does it teach about us? Why is it important? Keep these questions in mind when explaining Bible verses to your toddlers.
Does Translation Matter?
We personally use either NIV or ESV. They are easier to read, especially when memorizing scripture and staying close to the original context.
This is a personal preference for every family, but when teaching your toddlers bible memory verses, this is a great place to start!
So, what are these 30 short Bible verses you can start memorizing with your toddlers?
Here are some verses we have used and are continuing to work towards memorizing!
QUICK TIP: You can read these verses with your toddler in the morning, throughout the day, or add them to your nighttime devotional with your kids. 🙂
30 Bible Verses To Memorize With Your Toddlers:
- Your word is truth. John 17:17
- We love because God first loved us. 1 John 4:19
- Pray without ceasing. 1 Thess 5:17
- He is not here, for he has risen. Matt 28:6
- I can do all this through him who gives me strength. Phil 4:13
- Be kind and compassionate to one another. Eph 4:32
- When I am afraid, I put my trust in you. Psalm 56:3
- Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you. 1 Peter 5:7
- Love one another. John 13:34
- Above all else, guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it. Prov 4:23
- Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path. Psalm 119:105
- In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth. Genesis 1:1
- For freedom Christ has set us free. Galatians 5:1
- God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son. Anyone who believes in him will not die but will have eternal life. John 3:16
- Trust in the Lord with all your heart. Prov 3:5
- Be strong and courageous. Joshua 1:9
- Let everything that has breath praise the Lord. Praise the Lord. Psalm 150:6
- The Lord bless you and keep you. Numbers 6:24
- This is the day the Lord has made; We will rejoice and be glad in it. Psalm 118:24
- I am the good shepherd. John 10:11
- Do to others as you would have them do to you. Luke 6:31
- You are the light of the world. Matt 5:13
- I am with you always. Matt 28:20
- My salvation comes from him. Psalm 62:1
- For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. Romans 3:23
- Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things. Colossians 3:2
- Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and forever. Hebrews 13:8
- You are the light of the world. Matthew 5:14
- Rejoice in the Lord always. Philippians 4:4
- Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above. James 1:17
**These printables use the NIV translation of the Bible. Read full disclosure here.
Do you want access to MORE awesome, biblical, FREE printables like this one? Get exclusive access to my free printables resource library here!!!
We have our verses hung up outside my daughter’s bedroom door, right above her daily/evening responsibilities, so we can see it every day!
One Great Way For Toddlers to Memorize Bible Verses:
Doing anything HANDS-ON is so key when teaching your kids, especially toddlers.
I’ve got an AWESOME 30+ page fruit of the spirit printable activity for you to work through with your toddlers! Best part? It’s free!
By making it a fun and interactive experience, they will retain that information more and grow more in the knowledge of God and His Word!
Easy Bible Verses You Can Help Your Toddler Memorize
I hope you feel more confident in teaching your toddlers about the Bible, with these easy and impactful bible verses they can memorize!
These verses really will help your toddler start to understand those foundational truths about God and the relationship He wants to have with us!