Are you searching for the kind of love that will fulfill and sustain you? As Christian women, we know that love comes from God and God alone.
But sometimes we need a gentle reminder from His Word of exactly how much He loves us, don’t we?
I pray you are encouraged today by these 31 amazing Bible verses about God’s love – one for each day of the month!
31 Bible Verses About God’s Love To Encourage You Daily
*This post contains affiliate & referral links, meaning I may earn a small commission should you choose to purchase through post links. This is of course at no extra cost to you and helps keep the blog up and running!
This love goes beyond simple human love… don’t get me wrong, I LOVE my husband and my daughter so much.
But I’m flawed.
I always want to show them unconditional love – but I can’t do that when I don’t understand God’s love for me.
And sometimes we can find ourselves running on empty, or feeling unworthy of that love.
We can’t pour out love and show others something we don’t have.
Understanding God’s love for us is so vital, and not only in our own personal relationship with Him. Rather, when we understand more and more of His love, we can show that same love to others – our spouses, kids, family, friends, people we don’t know… etc.
We have to understand His love, especially when we are trying to teach our kids about God and how much He loves us.
That’s why I found 31 different Bible verses, broken down into 3 areas of God’s love: verses about God’s love for us, how we should respond to God’s love, and how to show His love to others.
Let these verses encourage you in your own walk and then understand how to show it to others and relate to them!
Along with each verse, you will see a short affirmation you can pray on, meditate on and ask God to help remind you of throughout that day.
31 Bible Verses About God’s Love
Without further ado, here are 31 daily Bible verses about God’s love!
*I specifically prayed about and picked 31 verses so that we would have one to read and encourage us each day of the month, and can be repeated all year long.
Bible Verses About God’s Love For Us
The “meat” of these verses will be focused on God’s love for YOU, because it is the most important! We can’t truly show love to others without first understanding HOW we are loved by Him.
Here are 20 Bible verses about God’s love for His children:
1. God sent His Son to die for us – “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.” John 3:16 NIV
2. We can have a relationship with God because of His Son – “No, the Father himself loves you because you have loved me and have believed that I came from God.” John 16:27 NIV
3. His love is unfailing – “Help me, LORD my God; save me according to your unfailing love.” Psalm 109:26 NIV
4. Even though we sin, God still sent His Son to die for us – “But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.” Romans 5:8 NIV
5. God gave us new life through Jesus – “This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him.” 1 John 4:9 NIV
6. God calls us His children, it’s what we are – “See what great love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know him.” 1 John 3:1 NIV
7. He gives us hope through His free gift, the Holy Spirit – “And hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us.” Romans 5:5 NIV
8. God is love, so we can rely on His love – “And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in them.” 1 John 4:16 NIV
9. He has a plan of hope for us – “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” Jeremiah 29:11 NIV
10. He is compassionate, faithful, and abounding in love – “But you, Lord, are a compassionate and gracious God, slow to anger, abounding in love and faithfulness.” Psalm 86:15 NIV
11. We are saved by HIS grace, and He is merciful – “But God, being rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in our transgressions, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved)…” Ephesians 2:4-5 NIV
12. His love for us is unfailing – “Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed,” says the LORD, who has compassion on you.” Isaiah 54:10 NIV
13. Nothing can separate God’s children from Christ’s love – “Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword?” Romans 8:35 NIV
14. His love for us is so wide, high, and deep, that we can’t understand it – “…may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge–that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.” Ephesians 3:18 NIV
15. His love is kind – “Your lovingkindness, O LORD, extends to the heavens, Your faithfulness reaches to the skies.” Psalm 36:5 NIV
16. He adopted us as His children – “…he predestined us for adoption to sonship through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will—” Ephesians 1:5 NIV
17. God is love – “Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.” 1 John 4:8 NIV
18. His love is still good even in our grief – “Though he brings grief, he will show compassion, so great is his unfailing love.” Lamentations 3:32 NIV
19. God physically showed His love for us – “This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him.” 1 John 4:9 NIV
20. He is with us; He will strengthen and help us – “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” Isaiah 41:10 NIV
Bible Verses About How We Respond To God’s Love
God is also clear in His Word on how we are to respond to His great love, and how we should love Him as well.
Here are 5 Bible verses about how we are to respond to God’s love:
21. We are to thank Him for His enduring love – “Give thanks to the God of heaven. His love endures forever.” Psalm 136:26 NIV
22. We are to remain in His love – “”As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love.” John 15:9 NIV
23. We are to glorify Him with our words – “Because your love is better than life, my lips will glorify you.” Psalm 63:3 NIV
24. We are to love Him with everything we have – “Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’” Mark 12:30 NIV
25. We are called to walk in His love – “And this is love: that we walk in obedience to his commands. As you have heard from the beginning, his command is that you walk in love.” 2 John 1:6 NIV
Bible Verses About How We Should Love Others
Now that we have been encouraged on just how much God loves us, and how we respond to that love… let’s put it into practice with how we respond to others!
Here are 6 Bible verses about how we are to love others:
26. We are to love one another because we are born of God – “Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God.” 1 John 4:7 NIV
27. We are to love others just as God loved us – “My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you.” John 15:12 NIV
28. We are to show God’s love and be loved by our spouse – “Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her…” Ephesians 5:25 NIV
29. We are to put on God’s love – “And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.” Colossians 3:14 NIV
30. We are to love others as ourselves – “He answered, “’Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind’ and, ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’” Luke 10:27 NIV
31. We love others because God loved us first – “We love because he first loved us.” 1 John 4:19 NIV
Free Printable Bible Verses About God’s Love
Here is a free printable for you to download (no sign up required), print, and read through each month!
You can print this out, laminate it (we love this pink laminator from Amazon) and hang up on your fridge for everyone to see, as well as on your mirror, your bedroom door… any where where you will see it!
I have mine hanging up on my bedroom door, so before I leave my room when I get up in the morning, it’s the first thing I see!
Do you want access to MORE awesome, biblical, FREE printables like this one? Get exclusive access to my free printables resource library here!!!
How To Use This Printable Bible Verse List:
Feel free to read all of them each day, one a day, or mix and match! The point is to help get us to read God’s Word daily and understand His love for His children.
I would definitely encourage you to grab your study Bible (I personally love and use this study Bible for women) as well as Bible highlighters so you can highlight them in your Bible as you read through these.
You can pick one color and that way, whenever you see a verse about God’s love, you can know exactly what it’s about as you read through your Bible. 🙂
Also, included on the printable are the affirmations you can repeat each day, that go with the verses after you read it.
31 Bible Verses About God’s Love To Encourage You Daily
I pray these Bible verses about God’s love encourage you each day of the month, and that you are reminded of just how much you are WORTHY and loved.
You can read these verses and not only remind yourself of His love, but let it fill you up and allow yourself to show that love to others. 🙂
Feel free to bookmark this list and don’t forget to download your printable Bible verses here!