It’s 5:30 PM and you realize you haven’t even thought about cooking dinner yet!
Between work, family, and the demands of your home, food should be the last thing you need to worry about.
Enter in this super EASY 20-minute chicken and dumplings! Oh and by the way, it’s budget friendly at less than $10 to make and your kids will love it too. 🙂
For this recipe, you really don’t need a lot! You probably already have most of it in your pantry, making this super quick and easy to grab last minute.
Even if you need everything on this list, you’ll be spending less than $10 (great for saving money) and will have enough servings to feed a family of 6! Say what!!!
See for yourself! This was my cart with the ingredients from Kroger, and if you already have the seasonings or anything else, it’ll be even LESS than that.
My mom actually found a great chicken and dumpling recipe, then edited it to make it fitting to them, and then I did the same so it doesn’t really even resemble the original.
We also chose to use vegetables too which you may not typically see, but between the chicken, dumplings, and yummy soup, your kids won’t even notice them. This is a fantastic way to make sure your kids are getting at least one serving of veggies into their day!!
This easy 20-minute chicken and dumplings is a great option that’s super budget friendly and doesn’t take a lot of prep time! But your family will think you spent hours preparing it. 😉
Budget Friendly Chicken & Dumplings Recipe:
Easy 20 Minute Chicken & Dumplings
- 2 cans Canned chicken breast
- 3 cans Cream of chicken soup
- 32-48 oz Chicken broth
- 16 oz Can of biscuits
- 1 can Mixed vegetables
- 1 tsp Lemon & Pepper seasoning
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tbsp Parlsey flakes
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Drain and rinse the canned chicken and the canned veggies sepeartely.
- In a big cooking pot, bring the chicken broth (start with 32 oz and add more as needed, depnding on how thin or thick you want your soup), cream of chicken, and canned chicken to a boil. Add all seasonings except parsley.
- Open the can of biscuits and cut into chunks. Once the pot is boiling, add the buscuit dough chunks and the rinsed canned vegtables. Season with salt & pepper, and add parsley flakes.
- Cook for about 10 minutes on medium heat until the buscuit dough is cooked through. Enjoy! 🙂
It can be hard to manage your time well as a work-at-home mom, but with this yummy and easy recipe you’ll have one less thing to worry about come dinner time!
I hope you enjoy this recipe and it takes some of the stress out of your day! 🙂
Feel free to share, and make sure to tag me if you try it! @mindyjonesblog
Are you excited to add this recipe to your weekly menu? Any other great recipes?? Let me know in the comments?